Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warning recieved

Options
  • 30-08-2014 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭

Hi, posted in the shooting adverts section, this advert when checked a number of hours later was gone,I sent a message down the route advised and received an email in return advising me to contact a MOD I sent a pm to sparks and waited a number of day, when I did not recieve a reply I posted the same advert, and again it was removed,I then received a warning.I wish to appeal this warning,because as posted in the charter this is the third in a list of five actions a mod can take.If the mod had of as per action number 1 sent me a pm this would never have happened thus no warning.I don't sell items in shooting adverts and put my hands up to the error but a pm (action1 of 5) would have stopped me in my ways and no warning would have been issued.
    Thus my appeal.

David aka whydave

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi Dave, I'll take a look at this for you.

Can you please forward any PM's that were sent or received to do with this.

Cheers,
    Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Hi Steve,
    That's done ,

David

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi David,

I've looked into the facts surrounding the card that you got and here are my findings:

Your ad (30-08-2014, 17:30. Thread posted [For Sale] CZ527 (.223REM) ) was removed as it did not contain pictures of the item for sale in accordance with the forum charter.and a warning was given.

Your previous ad (24-08-2014, 12:02. Thread posted [For Sale] CZ527) was removed for the same reason.

First off, the grounds that you posted for your appeal - that a moderator *must* follow the procedure of doing a,b,c before issuing a warning is, in my opinion, a non runner. Moderators are required to act as they see fit in the best interests of the forum they are responsible for - so the 'spirit of the rules' and common sense frequently override the written rule.

Second, you had a similar situation last October where an ad was removed from the forum because you did not include pictures of the actual item. I believe this was explained to you by the mod via PM at the time. Granted, this is nearly a year ago but it is not something, in my opinion, that a reasonable person would forget in that space of time.

Third, if a thread is removed, most people who have been on this site as long as we have would know to go and read the forum charter to see if there was a reason for it. That said, the particular rule in question was not overly apparent when I went looking for it and that needs to be fixed.

Lastly, and importantly in your favour, you attempted to contact a forum mod and did not get a reply about why the ad was deleted.

You waited a reasonable time before re-posting the ad, that said, it had a statement "Will post pics asap" - at this point you had at least 5 days to organise photos so there is really no excuse there.

Summing up the above, the card was deserved and the moderator was justified to issue it under the circumstances known to them, however, given the fact that you got no reply when you asked why the previous ad was removed coupled with the fact that the rule in question is not as apparent as it could be, I'm going to reverse the card and put this down to an unfortunate series of events.

Thanks,
    Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Fair and even handed.
    Many thanks for your time.
    David aka whydave

Glad to help.

Just to add, if you are going to post an item again in that forum, please make sure you have actual photos as per the charter, and if you have any questions for mods, it's best to pm them all rather than one who may, for whatever reason, be unable to respond :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement