Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SEAT leon st vs Kia cee'd sportswagon

Options
  • 30-08-2014 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Was basically told get rid of my car there's some big costs coming up. Clutch, DMF needs tyres soon and tax is 200 every 3 months.

So basically I'm thinking of trading it in for a new car. Paying 50% up front and finance the rest. I'm stuck between a few cars but I want an estate. I was thinking of a volvo or Mondeo but I'd be buying 2nd hand and need to import from UK. Very few in Ireland and really holding there money.

So trying to decide if I get the SEAT or kia. There's very little difference between price for the 1.6 diesel ex sportswomen or the SE spec leon.

Kia has 7 year warranty. 0% finance and better spec.
    SEAT has 3 year warranty 1.41% finance department. But have to pay for some extras like parking sensors. But it it is part of the VAG group.

What would you guys think. Or what would ye go with? New? 2nd hand? Is a warranty that big a deal?

Or pay for whatever comes op on my Mondeo which is 9 years old 130k miles and didn't replace the clutch or flywheel yet but probley not long left in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I drive a new Leon, the father has the newer Ceed which I use from time to time.

The Ceed is more powerful than a 1.6 diesel Leon. I've not driven the 1.6 diesel Leon but I have driven the 1.6 Golf (same thing) and the Ceed has in my opinion a better engine. The gearbox is a bit notchy though but it is a 6 speed box which is handy if you're doing motorway mileage.

Otherwise the Leon is the better car. The interior is slightly roomier, better finished and doesn't rattle like the ceeds. We both have the same mileage almost and the Ceed would drive you mad with rattles. The Leon has much nicer steering (Ceeds is terribly artificial), rides better, handles better and is quieter.

The Leon warranty doesn't last as long but still covers it to 150k km (I think that's still being offered anyway). My father has had quite a few problems with his Ceed too which surprised him - air conditioning, reversing camera and electronic parking break all packed in. I've had zero issues with the Leon* so far. If you're getting the Leon get the plus pack with the nicer alloys and LED headlights - especially handy if you're on the road when it's dark a lot.

*touches wood

Advertisement