Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing Result Of Higher Level Irish

Options
  • 30-08-2014 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey Guys,
    I just viewed my Irish HL scripts today and I feel slightly unhappy. My papers were marked extremely fairly and I can't argue with them; but my oral seems to have been marked extremely harshly. I calculated a range of marks I could have potentially gotten and feel that even the higher end of the range is a bit below my usual performance (as judged by several teachers). I felt I done exceptionally well on the day too!

So... What can I do? Can I appeal the oral result singly? Is the oral reviewed if I appeal Irish as a whole? Or are the marks for the Oral final?

Thanks!
    Conor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pidge96

ConorR32 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    I just viewed my Irish HL scripts today and I feel slightly unhappy. My papers were marked extremely fairly and I can't argue with them; but my oral seems to have been marked extremely harshly. I calculated a range of marks I could have potentially gotten and feel that even the higher end of the range is a bit below my usual performance (as judged by several teachers). I felt I done exceptionally well on the day too!

So... What can I do? Can I appeal the oral result singly? Is the oral reviewed if I appeal Irish as a whole? Or are the marks for the Oral final?

Thanks!
    Conor

If you submit an appeal they'll recorrect the paper and listen back to and review the oral as well :)

Advertisement