Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

landscaping as a job.

Options
  • 30-08-2014 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hello.

I'm looking at a career change and was wondering about landscaping. I'm currently a dairy farmer but don't like it so I'm going to go into suckler farming. In order to cover loss in earnings I need to get a supplementary job.

I don't know much about gardening reallybut I'm fairly handy at building walls and know about plumbing and I'm ok with machinery. Basically iv learned from maintenance on the farm but don't have an actual trade.

I suppose I'm a bit of a jack of all trades but definitely a master if none. I'm used to being outside and like a bit of design. Iv had people say that I should go back to collage ans do some sort of engineering but I'm not set up to do so.

I would probably like to start off working with someone and see what I could learn and also see if I actually took to it but before I do I was just wondering if there was a viable future in it as people have said that it's no longer in its heyday.

Any information regarding the information above would be appreciated and also info on weather to do a course in horticulture or anything else would be recommended or essential.

Thank you. Mike.

Advertisement