Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hitch for avensis.

Options
  • 30-08-2014 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I need to put a hitch on my 09 avensis. Do I have to cut the bumper for the hitch or could I get a different bumper which allows for hitch.

I spotted this bumper (in image)on an avensis and wondered could I get one of those second hand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Yap them type hitches are common ones. Please don't go butchering your bumper, there are ones out there that will fit around it. Don't know if you could get a secondhand one off the new model avensis, as they're only out since 09, maybe off one that's for breaking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Yap them type hitches are common ones. Please don't go butchering your bumper, there are ones out there that will fit around it. Don't know if you could get a secondhand one off the new model avensis, as they're only out since 09, maybe off one that's for breaking though.

Sorry I wasn't very clear in what I said. The bumper in the image is not mine it's one I saw in a car park.
    My bumper comes straight across and iv been told it will have to be cut. I post an image in the morning of both bumpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

The top picture is my bumper and the bottom one is the bumper I saw in a car park.

Very tidy, looks a lot better then cutting bumper.

What I'm wondering is could I pick one of these up second hand.

Advertisement