Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen passat B6 airbag light problem

Options
  • 29-08-2014 9:51pm

Hello all,

I have a 2006 passat B6 and recently the airbag light came on... I took it to a mechanic and he couldn't sort it even hooked it up to vag system etc and couldn't fix it I took it to an auto electrician and he said the same thing.. does anyone have any experience with this or can guide me on what to try next?

Cheers 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Did it show up any codes?

Stoolbend wrote: »
    Did it show up

no it didn't show any codes.. It can be cleared but it comes back on after a few minutes...?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

It has to be showing a code if the light is coming on. What scan tools did they use to scan it ? Where you based.

It was the VCDS software I don't know what code it was or if there was one showing up.. all I know is they couldn't pin point it exactly and said the whole dashboard would need to be taken off and all the wires followed... which could take them 4-5 hrs and I wasn't going to pay that much incase the problem couldn't be sorted...

I'm in limerick.. thanks

• Advertisement

Get someone else to scan it with VCDS again and find out what the code is, i would offer to scan it but i'm in Kildare.

Can vcds be bought online or downloaded?

Vwguy wrote: »
    Can vcds be bought online or downloaded?

VCDS is free to download, the license for the program is in the official which can only be bought from ross-tech.

You can buy charlie cheapo ebay knock offs, might be ok for reading basic faults but not for much else.

Advertisement