Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

To overclock or not to overclock

• 29-08-2014 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Is it worth it? I haven't had any real issues with lag until recently (watchdogs, crysis 3 and certain parts of tomb raider). I have a FX-4300 black edition, it's 3.8 quad core at stock but a lot of people seem to be able to up this to 5ghz. I've no plans to upgrade it any time soon as I'm strapped for cash but wouldn't mind a bit of extra power in the PC.

My big question is would I see an improvement in gaming on Ultra or would it be minimal at best. I tried unsuccessfully years ago to overclock and flucked up me old PC, I'm not too worried that it would happen again but the risk is still there.

My specs are
    R9 270X
    FX-4300
    8gb 1333 ram
    Evo 212 hyper cooler

Advertisement