Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long for logbook?

Options
  • 29-08-2014 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Bought a car, seller sent away the logbook on the 18th. Still no sign of the logbook and it's still not registered as having had a change of ownership in the last 3 months. Is this normal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Call the motor tax office and explain with reg no etc. They can check if they received it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Thanks, rang them there and they're currently working on post they got in 2 days ago.... Strangely, though, even though there's no change listed online I am listed as the owner so I guess it's just a glitch updating the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You can frequently check here to see if it is processing, just put in the car's reg number:

https://www.motortax.ie/PSE/start.do;jsessionid=0aa0114830d81725a5d217a042e3ac97c10db53a63ba.e38PaNaSbhuOay0MahiKe0?page=welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Yeah, that's where I was checking! It's still coming up as no changes there but on the phone the lady could recite back to me my address so it's obviously been done. Weird. Thanks though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I'm still waiting a logbook since the 17th of July. I may have a yap with the previous owner and get him to order a new one, then send it off again.

This isn't the first time its happened either :mad:

Advertisement