Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for Birth Mother

Options
  • 29-08-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

A Friend of mine is Searching for his Birth Mother. He was born in Holles Street in March 1970 both himself and his mother stayed in Dunboyne House in 69, 70 and 71.
    The line of enquiry we are following has come up with a Name Anne Kent. If any one has any information please let me know.

Thanks xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Kent is a very unusual name, what age would this lady be today,

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Brendan David

goat2 wrote: »
    Kent is a very unusual name, what age would this lady be today,

She would be 63 now and is my friend has been told she is from Munster.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Hi Brendan,

As goat2 says Kent is an uncommon surname so that might make your search a little bit easier.

Has your friend located his original birth cert yet?
    Also, have you tried looking for a marriage cert for an Anne Kent?
    If she did marry then you may be able to locate birth certs for any children she may have had?

Maybe none of the above is applicable in your friends case but it's worth checking every possible avenue.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭deisemum

If it's any help there are a number of Kent families in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

I also knew a Kent lady from Killeagh in Cork. She would only be 50 now though.

• Advertisement

tinz18 wrote: »
    I also knew a Kent lady from Killeagh in Cork. She would only be 50 now though.

at that rate if a person is fifty now, in 1970 they were 14 when they had the baby,
    but then again this could be,

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

I was thinking that maybe she had other family down there (cousins etc.)

She would be 63 now and is my friend has been told she is from Munster.
    is this age definate, could she be younger

i just know one family named kent, when you say munster, which county are you thinking, and which town do you think

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

breandan try searching familysearch.org for a anne kent born between 1950/1952 seems only 2 anne kents born 1951 one born cork other one new ross, then get the birthcerts in gro werburge st and trace forward from your birth for marraiges

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

If you can't get to the GRO you can send off order form and a cheque to the GRO in Roscommon for a copy cert to be emailed to you. These cost €4 each and they will email them to you in about 5 working days. You get the form here https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Apply-for-Certificates.aspx

Advertisement