Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Key Cut for Ford Focus

Options
  • 29-08-2014 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All,

I bought a 01 Focus during the week. Got a pretty good deal on it however there was only one key going with the car. I am worried that if I ever lose the one I have it will cost me a fortune so just wondering if anyone know of somewhere near/In Cork City that can get a car key cut?

Thanking you :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fredboston11

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have you rang any lock smiths?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Hi All,

I bought a 01 Focus during the week. Got a pretty good deal on it however there was only one key going with the car. I am worried that if I ever lose the one I have it will cost me a fortune so just wondering if anyone know of somewhere near/In Cork City that can get a car key cut?

Thanking you :-)

Give Cuneen's on Oliver Plunkett St a call but also give Cork City Ford a call too. From what I have seen sometimes it can be as cost effective to get these from the dealer as it is from an independent supplier. No harm to know both prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fredboston11

Cool, will give Cuneens a call also. I intended on calling a Ford Garage aswell but wanted to try find some private options as you say to compare prices :-)]

Thanks alot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

From my experience going to ford is the cheapest. Still expensive though. Check your insurance though you might be covered for loss or damage to keys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Its about €100 to cut a key at the main dealer. It's where id be going if I wanted a key cut though as its hard to be the genuine key Imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

The key to my Merc (only had one key) became corrupted a few months ago and wouldn't even unlock the car never mind start it. Rang numerous lock smiths and dealers about getting a new one and they were all huge prices, quotes of 400-1000.
    Rang lock doctor in Limerick and he repaired my key and made me a second spare key for 250.

It meant having no key while he had it (I'm in Dublin) but they were considerably cheaper than anywhere I rang.

Could be worth getting a price off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

If you want a key that will start the car, then you need to go to the main dealer. A normal key cut with a locksmith will only open the doors. Priced keys for a focus myself this week, for a standard chipped key in a Ford dealer it's €90, if your car has central locking with the key fob buttons, a replacement one of those will be just shy of €200! I've only one key atm, trying to decide if I can justify the extra cost for the fob!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭trackcar

My mum locked here keys in the booth of her 2004 focus a few months ago, did not know were the spare key was, I phoned the local dealer to see if there was an easy way to gain access, they cut me a new key that would open the doors but not start the car for under €10

Advertisement