Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shed/garage alarm

Options
  • 29-08-2014 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,

Any quick recommendation for an alarm for a garage or garden shed that I can buy before the weekend? Ideally Iwould like bell sounder separate, so it could be mounted externally, at a height. I've trawled the threads and suppliers websites but can't find suitable options I can buy in Dublin immediately.

For me the most suitable seems to be Response A1R Response Wireless Alarm - Solar Siren, but I can't find a distributor. Anyone know one?

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Hkc quantum kit wit gsm sc. Same price much better

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭novice

I'd agree the Quantum 70 kit is much better, but it's in a different price range - £99 including external bell vs. €300 excluding external bell?

novice wrote: »
    I'd agree the Quantum 70 kit is much better, but it's in a different price range - £99 including external bell vs. €300 excluding external bell?

Sorry i thought you were on about friedlands alarm with dialler. Is the ar1 the thing from argos?

Go with the quantum if you can
    I think the kit is € 400 and then you need the gsm sc which is about €100.

I cant recommend any of those systems sold in the likes of argos/B&Q as i havent used them.
    Youll have very limited tech support as no installers use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lyncher2014

Just reading the manual there for the ar1, all the devices have to be registered to the siren. There is no control panel or keypad as such so if the keyfob ever gets lost, there would be no quick way of silencing the siren

If they are registered to the siren how do you know which sensor tripped ? Or if a battery went low ? Or a sensor lost comms. Save the money towards better gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭novice

Thanks for the responses. It was for a small garage, with a budget of €100-150ish. I ended up installing one of those mini-wireless systems from Ultrasecure in Glasnevin. It does the job, and yes it suffers from all the limitations described above. But it's €99.

Advertisement