Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re: System Cooling

Options
  • 29-08-2014 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm putting together my first build and was interested in getting some feedback regarding what cooling systems I should consider, if any. At the moment I'm of a mind to just throw an extra couple of fans in on top of the 3 that come as standard on my case and rely on the built in CPU cooler.

Relevant specs are listed below and the PC will be used for gaming, streaming and general entertainment purposes, likely operating for 8 - 12 hour periods.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Galaxy Evo Gaming Case
    Intel i7 4790K
    Asus z97 Sabertooth Mk1
    Corsair RM750 PSU
    16GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR3 1600Mhz (PC3-12800) DIMM
    KFA2 GTX770, 2GB, 1110MHz Core, 1163MHz Boost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

Would noise be an issue with that many fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If the case comes with 3 fans, you're fine.

Really, in terms of actual functionality, all that's really needed is one exhaust fan to make sure nothing overheats and hot air is being moved out.

Moving past that, you're more getting into regulating temps to your own specification rather than addressing any actual issues of overheating.

Stock cooler is fine also. With 3 fans already installed, you've nothing to worry about.

My PC runs 24/7 regularly and I have one 120mm exhaust and one 140mm intake, with stock intel cooler and spec's are per signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

If your not overclocking the I7 leave it as stock cooling but surely your going to want to push the I7 a small bit..

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Great stuff lads, cheers for the info.

Advertisement