Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

into the storm

Options
  • 28-08-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭

Anyone see it yet. Trailer makes it look good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Yeah. It was fine. Its was a disaster action movie, and it was fairly unremarkable, while not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

IMO woeful. Terrible acting etc.last ten mins was alright though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

just back from this.

i thought it was great.

now dont get me wrong. its trash. but its enjoyable and above all endearing trash.

kinda like what'd happen if a micheal bay fan , who doesnt hate women, maxed out his credit cards and made a disaster film.

its got a lovely B movie feel to it and i found the further it went on the more i warmed to it. so much so that by the end i was having a really good time. its got some lovely visuals in it towards the end and while its a BLATANT rip off of "Twister" i found i didnt care as IMO it did a much better job. like they just said "fuk it" and went mental with the concept allowing them to put the characters in places that made at time beautiful little moments
    the storm chaser lad being taken up in his "tank" to the top of the funnel - being batherd in sunlight for instance, before plumeting back down
    . even the goofy "redneck" characters werent as annoying as their tropes are in other films.

ya wont know ANYONE in this. only ones i recognised was yer wan that played lori in "the walking dead", and the kid (all grown up) that used to run the cameras in "I-Carley). the assistant principal/dad DID niggle at my mind too but i never figured out who he was.

fair warning though.

its one of those "found footage" films, and its makes NO sense at all on the scientific front. so if that sort of stuff offends ya avoid. but all in all i was pleasently surprised by what i presumed going in would be utter UTTER trash.

i can se ma's and das being happy to bring the kids to this and at 90 min is another example of how ya can get in, entertain, and then feck off without breaking the 2 hour + mark.

i give it a 6.5 out of 10.

prob be more enjoyable with a few beers on DVD, But not a bad cinema trip either.

Just after watching this and honestly it's amongst the most enjoyable films I've seen in a long time. It's dumb as hell, characters are stock, the writing ain't all that but the FX work is stunning and the set pieces breathtaking. This isn't a film you put on to challenge yourself but one for those times when you just wantbto kick back and be wowed. That it makes you care for the characters is impressive though nowhere near as impressive as some of the imagery, the ascension to the heavens moment is one ofthe fifinest scenes in quite some time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I was quite surprised by this movie... in a weird way. I started watching with reasonably high expectations. I was thinking "Twister 2" :D The first 15 minutes or so are quite painful to watch and my expectations for the rest of the movie plummeted. I just hung on to see the first tornado scene. Worth hanging on for! While the scripting & cast would not be out of place in Sharknado, the FX of the tornado scenes really lift the movie in every way. As the tornadoes keep coming, the pace of the movie goes up and the weak acting & dialogue kinda falls away and it becomes a very enjoyable movie. If you can stomach the cringe of the first 15 minutes and get used to the B-movie feel this is quite a fun movie with some spectacular tornado effects.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Firenado - that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Seen this in the cinema when it came out. Was quite enjoyable. Typical disaster movie.

Advertisement