Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wiping data from s3

Options
  • 28-08-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi folks I want to sell my old samsung s3 gt19300, so I need to wipe it before getting rid. When I google phone rooting and custom recovery installation, my brain kinda melts..I did see a cnet video which stated that all you need to wipe a phone was to:
    1.Encrypt phone
    2.Factory Data reset
    3.Load dummy data (eg add nonsense contact data , and take a few videos and photos of nothing)
    4.Factory reset again.
    5.Redo steps 2-4 x3

Is it really that simple?

Cheers,

daithi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭droidman123

daithi1970 wrote: »
    Hi folks I want to sell my old samsung s3 gt19300, so I need to wipe it before getting rid. When I google phone rooting and custom recovery installation, my brain kinda melts..I did see a cnet video which stated that all you need to wipe a phone was to:
    1.Encrypt phone
    2.Factory Data reset
    3.Load dummy data (eg add nonsense contact data , and take a few videos and photos of nothing)
    4.Factory reset again.
    5.Redo steps 2-4 x3

Is it really that simple?

Cheers,

daithi

All you need to do is encrypt it and then factory reset....unless someone from NASA is buying the phone it should be secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

thanks for that....

daithi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭G1032

How much do you hope to get for your S3, assuming it's in good condition?

I'll probably get a new phone in December when contract is up and am wondering whether or not to sell my S3?

Advertisement