Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL paket international/International Parcel to Turkey?

Options
  • 28-08-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys, does anybody know the usual delivery time using DHL paket international to Turkey?
    I have ordered a small birthday present (less than 1kg) from Germany to be shipped to Turkey. This is the information given to me by DHL:

Mon, 25.08.2014 15:26 h -- The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically
    Mon, 25.08.2014 19:59 h Rüdersdorf, Germany The shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
    Tue, 26.08.2014 04:34 h Feucht, Germany The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center
    Tue, 26.08.2014 16:13 h Feucht, Germany The shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
    Wed, 27.08.2014 03:55 h Staufenberg, Germany The shipment has been processed in the parcel center
    Wed, 27.08.2014 06:03 h Staufenberg, Germany The shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
    Thu, 28.08.2014 01:51 h Feucht, Germany The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

I dont understand why it has to travel to Feucht then to Staugenberg then back to Feucht again. I am kind of frustrated because this is the 2nd time the shop i ordered from delivered this parcel. the first time it was through regular post and was sent August 18, til now my friend still hasnt received it. Now they tried DHL, i am hoping it will arrive this week.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

DHL Paket is not an express delivery like you know DHL in Ireland, DHL Paket is the name that the local post office uses for parcels because DHL is owned by Deutscher Post. It's like our AnPost.

The regular delivery time to Turkey for a DHL paket is 10-15 working days, they also might have shipped it as premium option, than it should be 3-9 workdays.

You can see what option they used in the tracking tool, it will tell you if it's premium or not.

Feucht is the parcel depot DHL/Post uses for export to southern europe (including for shipments to Turkey that go via road), this should be the final scan in Germany before it arrives in Turkey and handed over to the local postal service (which should trigger a scan within 2 days after that happend).

The tracking however is kind of strange I agree with you. It should not have gone from Feucht to Staufenberg to Feucht, either they had a data problem (i.e. the scans from Staufenberg were done earlier but transmitted later) or there was a sorting problem and your parcel really did a tour between the 2 centers.

I would keep an eye on it and check regulary if there is new activity, if it's a premium option than I would send them an e-mail via their website to inquire about the status.

Good Luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 henrytots

Unfortunately I dont think it was shipped as premium.
    It just says:
    Product / service International Parcel

Until now there is no update from the tracking service. I guess I should give up hoping it would arrive on Saturday.
    Thank you so much dublin-texas you're a great help!

Advertisement