Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honda IZY not running

Options
  • 28-08-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

We have a honda izy mower that is a few years old.
    It fires on pulling the cord, blue smoke, then cuts out with oil splittering from the exhaust.
    I have opened the carb and it is all clean. Air filter is clean, spark plug is sparking when grounded, but when I removed it, it was wet with oil.
    It was cutting grand earlier in the week. And cut out and that was it.
    It has 't been turned on jts side to let oil into the engine.
    Anyone have any ideas of what I can do next?

Comments

We have a honda izy mower that is a few years old.
    It fires on pulling the cord, blue smoke, then cuts out with oil splittering from the exhaust.
    I have opened the carb and it is all clean. Air filter is clean, spark plug is sparking when grounded, but when I removed it, it was wet with oil.
    It was cutting grand earlier in the week. And cut out and that was it.
    It has 't been turned on jts side to let oil into the engine.
    Anyone have any ideas of what I can do next?

How old is the mower? Simply it could be too much oil. I've heard things like piston rings been worn or vales being damaged but not sure how to go about checking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

Did you get fresh fuel recently. I understand that "stretched fuel " affects small engines more than larger ones. Suppose to be a problem in border areas initially but seems to be country wide now.
    Otherwise it could be burning oil as previous poster stated. Did the air filter get saturated with oil? I think this can happen if the mower is tilted wrong way.
    I would get fresh fuel and replace the spark plug assuming filter is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Monaghanman86

Took suresanders advice. Mower was in for service a few weeks ago and this was the first major running of it. Oil was very full when i checked it, drained a bit and burned off what was in the engine, got her running.
    Bit of blue smoke for a few mins, but cleared mostly now.
    Petrol is from one of the few trustworthy places around here.
    Cheers lads

Advertisement