Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung GT-S5830i Low Internal Memory

Options
  • 27-08-2014 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I have a Samsung GT-S5830i running Android version 2.3.6, and I was getting the "Low Internal Memory" error message a lot. The phone only has 190 Mb internal memory, but I have a 32 Gb SD card. I found some other posts here on Boards and followed their advice to root the phone and install Link2SD, allowing me to move some of my apps over to the SD card, freeing up the internal memory. However, a lot of the apps, like YouTube, Google Maps, Gmail, won't allow me to move them from the internal memory.

I read on the aforementioned posts that if I partition my SD card I can "trick" the phone into thinking that one of the partitions on the SD card is the internal memory, and I can move those apps there, thus creating a much larger internal memory space.
    The partitioning procedure seems like a very long and complicated process (for somebody like me, who's not very tech-savvy!). If I go through with the partitioning, will that be the end of my Low Internal Memory problems once and for all? I thought that installing Link2SD would be the end of it after all, but it wasn't.

Also, if I go ahead with the partition, is there any benefit to then installing a more recent version of Android, like ICS, JB, or KitKat?

Advertisement