Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diplomacy

Options
  • 27-08-2014 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

What (if anything) do you say to friends/family who scrape their golf clubs/handbag/coat zip/etc. over your beautiful scratch-free clearcoat?

I can't bear to say anything.
    :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Lazybones

I know the feeling.............

Even better (or worse in my case) was visiting the relations with my son and we brought his bicycle.

Anyway was time to go home I went to look for his bicycle only to be told by my proud and happy nephew that he had put my son bike into my boot for me. This set alarm bells ringing for me.... went out to discover three deep and ugly long scrapes in my bumper where the bike had been pushed in.

Nothing you can do in these situations only chalk it up to a life experience. It happened in all innocence and was just a little chap being helpful.

To some a car is a thing, to others it is our pride and joy! :-) so it can bring on strong emotions when others do not have the same love and respect. C'est la vie.

I feel your pain OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

I hate when people dont respect your car. Ive family and friends that think im nuts, but can usually reason with them by comparing it to something they care for!!
    For example, what if I dropped your guitar, spilt ink on your carpet, or handbag or whatever!

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Everyone I know is aware of my OCD when it comes to looking after my car, so they are very careful around my bodywork.
    Or, they die a slow lingering death :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Eveyone that knows me well, knows like yourself. But its the ones who you dont know or dont really know well.

Few years ago after doing a full days work on my car, was parked in the village. As i approached the car, I could see from 50 yards away the some moran had been leaning up against it...paw prints everywhere on the front arch....luckily for them, they weren't around when I returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

First of all you feel the rage bubbling in your head and you look at the person with pure contempt. You explode inside your head and you imagine doing the same thing to their favourite CDs :D

My family is aware of how much I look after my car and funnily enough, they respect it. My friends even look after my car when I'm not there.

Having a D/A and a rotary polisher is great because you don't have to say anything because you know you can get the scratch out :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement