Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online dating in Ireland

Options
  • 27-08-2014 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Folks,

Have any of you tried online dating lately using one of the more 'prestigious' websites, and if yes, how did it go?
    Now, before you jump at me and call me gullible, desperate or anything like that, let's agree on one thing. Once you're past 30 and don't have a large circle of friends/coworkers to socialize with, you're pretty much out of the mix. In addition I detest nightclubs (always have) which I suppose doesn't help. So unless I join a fishing club or whatever (LOL) for the main purpose of finding a potential partner, I don't know what else is there.

Now I don't know what you've done to your women my Irish friends, but their delusional expectations puzzle me :))
    The website in question proudly features singles with high expectations, but I tend to think the singles themselves are high :D
    I mean, the only women who took interest in my profile (barely) were 40 year olds with 1-2 kids. On a extremely rare occasion a woman my age replies, the conversation stops dead once she realize I'm not Irish, or once I tell her what I do for a living (engineering).

WTF?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi mameluc

Welcome to boards. Online dating is not a discussion topic for this forum. Please see our charter on how to access the online dating forum thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement