Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Majorca with Mum

Options
  • 27-08-2014 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,
    I've booked last minute flights to Majorca for me (34)and Mum (70) this weekend.
    I need to book accommodation and hoping for suggestions on suitable resort or hotel/apartment.
    I know Santa Ponsa is popular with Irish tourists so might aim for there but afraid in case it's full of drunk teenagers of screaming kids as I've hear mixed reports.
    Can anyone recommend a quietish area of Santa Ponsa, or an alternative resort?
    We do want somewhere reasonably lively with things to do in the evening and nice restaurants. Mum enjoys music and dancing, but not a rave :-)
    Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lorrim

Have you looked at Palma Nova, it's next to Magaluf but a bit quieter.
    Also easy to get to Palma city from there if you fancied a day trip.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Haven't been to Majorca, but in similar 'resort' towns, myself and my mother were going to bed as the young folk were heading out for the night and were up just as they were getting back to their apartments.

Hi,
    I've booked last minute flights to Majorca for me (34)and Mum (70) this weekend.
    I need to book accommodation and hoping for suggestions on suitable resort or hotel/apartment.
    I know Santa Ponsa is popular with Irish tourists so might aim for there but afraid in case it's full of drunk teenagers of screaming kids as I've hear mixed reports.
    Can anyone recommend a quietish area of Santa Ponsa, or an alternative resort?
    We do want somewhere reasonably lively with things to do in the evening and nice restaurants. Mum enjoys music and dancing, but not a rave :-)
    Thanks
    M

We've stayed a few times in Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), and really liked it.

In fact, if I was going there with my mother (71), that's where I'd aim for. It's busy enough without being raucous, and it has a good few nice spots to eat and drink.

I wouldn't be so good at making hotel recommendations for you, though, as we travelled with a teenager each time we were there.

Advertisement