Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phone Watch Batteries

Options
  • 27-08-2014 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a source in Galway for phonewatch battery replacements for both sensors and smoke detectors?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

What system have you ? Most electrical wholesalers stock them . Tesco also stock them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Evolution1 wrote: »
    What system have you ? Most electrical wholesalers stock them . Tesco also stock them

I have the GE Simon XT 40 Zone Phonewatch Panel with wireless sensors and motion detectors.

I can open the doors and windows sensors no problem and they take 1 X Duracell 3v Lithium CR-17345 battery.

I'm trying to open the Motion detector passive infrared TX-2212-03-1 to see what type of battery it takes but I'm struggling to open it :mad:

There's a little panel on the top that slides upwards and when removed it reveals one small screw. After I remove the panel & screw it doesn't seem to want to budge. I'm guessing there may be a small tab to press on the top but it's so close to the ceiling I can't really see to be sure & I don't want to break it.

Anyone ever opened one before?

motion-detectors-passive-infrared-11132-7823417.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Ah yeah they use the same CR123A batteries like the detectors. You need to stick a flat head into the opening above the screw and push gently down and the unit will swing downwards.
    How is it texting you ? They only support voice calls.

Ah yeah they use the same CR123A batteries like the detectors. You need to stick a flat head into the opening above the screw and push gently down and the unit will swing downwards.
    How is it texting you ? They only support voice calls.

Texting me? I'm not sure where that came from :) It's not texting me.

God damn installer has the motion sensors right up near the ceiling so I can't get a small flat to that point.

If & when I do get it open, I'm sure the panel will get upset, right? Will it clear any warning when it's all closed up again?

Texting me? I'm not sure where that came from :) It's not texting me.

God damn installer has the motion sensors right up near the ceiling so I can't get a small flat to that point.

If & when I do get it open, I'm sure the panel will get upset, right? Will it clear any warning when it's all closed up again?

haha im losing it. Different thread sorry.
    To stop it sounding use the arrows to scroll to system programming and press enter. Enter your user code and then open the sensor. After youve installed the new battery close the sensor back up and then press status until he says "system ok" . When you put the flat head in are you pulling the end of the screwdriver down towards the ground while gently lifting the lid forward?

• Advertisement

haha im losing it. Different thread sorry.
    To stop it sounding use the arrows to scroll to system programming and press enter. Enter your user code and then open the sensor. After youve installed the new battery close the sensor back up and then press status until he says "system ok" . When you put the flat head in are you pulling the end of the screwdriver down towards the ground while gently lifting the lid forward?

:D You nearly had me checking my mobile :eek:

Is the code you enter the same as you use to arm & disarm?

Are you talking about the tiny little slot on the face of the sensor directly above the screw hole? If it is? should the pressure on the screwdriver handle be downwards towards the floor?

:D You nearly had me checking my mobile :eek:

Is the code you enter the same as you use to arm & disarm?

Are you talking about the tiny little slot on the face of the sensor directly above the screw hole? If it is? should the pressure on the screwdriver handle be downwards towards the floor?

Yes, yes and yes :D

Got the B*tch....

I was being way too gentle with the screwdriver.

Appreciate all your help and patience Evolution1

Cheers ;)

Is there anywhere online that one can buy extra contacts, sensors, keyfobs etc for this system?

I havent come across anywhere online that sells them. UTC claims only phonewatch can buy them even though phonewatch no longer use this system.

• Advertisement

KUB will be able to help you out as a ge system he installs use these sensors.

I havent come across anywhere online that sells them. UTC claims only phonewatch can buy them even though phonewatch no longer use this system.

Who are UTC and what system do eircom install now?

Oh. Phonewatch dont actually make the systems they put in. UTC manufactured the previous 3 wirefree systems. Phonewatch just brand them as their own. They now use the honeywell domonial system with PIR motion cameras.

Oh. Phonewatch dont actually make the systems they put in. UTC manufactured the previous 3 wirefree systems. Phonewatch just brand them as their own. They now use the honeywell domonial system with PIR motion cameras.

I knew they didn't make them as my own is a GE (General Electric) system.

I see too that PhoneWatch have undergone a change of ownership and are now owned by Sector Alarm.

Where does that leave existing customers down the road if they need bits and bobs for the previous systems?

Theres a new company called homesecure which use the simon xt system. Themselves and phonewatch will 100% have parts ect.

There's a new company called homesecure which use the simon xt system. Themselves and phonewatch will 100% have parts ect.

HomeSecure's site is really basic, could be due to the fact they're new? They have a picture of a Simon key fob but no Info or mention of any other Simon parts.

By the way. who is KUB when he's at home? A user here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Who are UTC and what system do eircom install now?

First it was Itec, then Aritech, then GE, now UTC mergers and acquisitions I think they call it.

I will PM you the details of a supplier that I use that should be able to sort you out.

kub wrote: »
    First it was Itec, then Aritech, then GE, now UTC mergers and acquisitions I think they call it.

I will PM you the details of a supplier that I use that should be able to sort you out.

Gman waits patiently for PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Gman waits patiently for PM :)

My apologies I forgot all about you, I shall do so now.

kub wrote: »
    My apologies I forgot all about you, I shall do so now.

Appreciate that kub ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement