Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Phone Bill Pay Plan???

Options
  • 27-08-2014 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

I'm on the look out for a smart phone bill pay plan. Does anyone know of any good bill pay plans out there. I am looking for something along the lines of 500 mins 500 texts and 1GB+ data. I'm open to any network. My budget would be a maximum of €30 per month!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Sean_pop wrote: »
    I'm on the look out for a smart phone bill pay plan. Does anyone know of any good bill pay plans out there. I am looking for something along the lines of 500 mins 500 texts and 1GB+ data. I'm open to any network. My budget would be a maximum of €30 per month!!!

Sim only or with a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

With a phone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Closest you'll probably get to that is meteors online offer of €31.20 with 400 mins and text. But ends tomorrow according to their website!

peteb2 wrote: »
    Closest you'll probably get to that is meteors online offer of €31.20 with 400 mins and text. But ends tomorrow according to their website!

I saw that offer, just thought there might have been a better offer elsewhere!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

tesco mobile
    15 euro gives you unlimited calls and texts and 1gb of data.
    every time you get your coupons in the post 5e worth = 15 credit
    moto g unlocked from amazon * or anywhere and get the unlock code from ebay.
    - less than 30 a month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

With a phone!!

That 'free' phone will cost you at least €15 per month x term.

I'd go for the Moto G and Tesco PAYG option too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Don't bother signing yourself up to a contract to get a 'free' phone. You are only getting ripped off. Buy a phone sim-free and get yourself a Tesco Mobile or 48 SIM. That's what I did and I haven't looked back since.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Don't bother signing yourself up to a contract to get a 'free' phone. You are only getting ripped off. Buy a phone sim-free and get yourself a Tesco Mobile or 48 SIM. That's what I did and I haven't looked back since.

Thats sound good.

Any suggestions on what phone to buy???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

For €30 a month you will get unlimited pre pay with meteor, for €24.60 unlimited bill pay with three think data is 15gb, emobile do unlimited plan for €24 for eircom customers. Blueface are I think 30 and 40 if you want unlimited calls to uk, I got the uk deal for 28.5 a month from blueface. In this day and age it's almost mad not to go unlimited.

It works out far cheaper to buy the phone and go sim only.

Thats sound good.

If you want to buy a new phone, O2 have 20% off all upgrades online using code PUPG. Get yourself a free o2 sim and register it online to get the discount. then when you receive the phone, unlock it for a few euro and put in your 48/tesco sim. I did exactly this for my Galaxy S5. Total cost was €470 after unlocking. If you are okay buying used, check donedeal or adverts but be careful & check everything - fakes are everywhere unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Thats sound good.

Moto g

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

+1 Moto G, 4G version with SD card slot. I've used high end Android phones since the HTC G1 and jumped from a Xperia Z1 to a Moto G and couldn't be happier. 2 day battery, S4 performance.

advertsfox wrote: »
    +1 Moto G, 4G version with SD card slot. I've used high end Android phones since the HTC G1 and jumped from a Xperia Z1 to a Moto G and couldn't be happier. 2 day battery, S4 performance.

What network are you with??

What plan do you have with them??

eMobile, bought mine off Meteor online and threw away their SIM and used mind. On the unlimited plan I got as a deal at the time for €40 per month.

They are doing a SIM Only deal now for €24 per month, unlimited calls and texts with 5GB of data.

Buy whatever sim free phone you want, and get a 48 SIM (I am with 48 now for over a year and couldn't be happier)

€10 per month gets me 300 mins to any network, unlimited texts to any network, 60 mins landlines & 1gb of data. They also have fully unlimited plans for €15/€20. Bargain, best value network in Ireland.

Vodafone, O2, 3 & Meteor will rip you off with their plans, especially if you get a plan that includes a phone.

48 sim's can be ordered free on http://www.48months.ie if you want to try them out.

eMobile, bought mine off Meteor online and threw away their SIM and used mind. On the unlimited plan I got as a deal at the time for €40 per month.

They are doing a SIM Only deal now for €24 per month, unlimited calls and texts with 5GB of data.

Just to add to this - 48 have a €20 plan with all the above plus 60 mins landlines. http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans

did you have any problem unlocking your phone with meteor??

Just to add to this - 48 have a €20 plan with all the above plus 60 mins landlines. http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans

I had a look at the 48 offers. Unbelievable value!!

What will you do now if you want to get a new phone???

I had a look at the 48 offers. Unbelievable value!!

What will you do now if you want to get a new phone???

If wanted a new phone, I can just pop my 48 sim into my new phone, which can be bought unlocked or I could get it unlocked cheaply.

By the way, if you use data a lot on your phone, they have a 15 euro plan which gives you 15GB of data, 50mins to mobiles, and 100 texts. You can also buy add-ons for more minutes/texts quite cheaply too if you feel they are running out faster than you thought they would.

Personally speaking, I think the 10 euro plan offers the best all-round value.

If wanted a new phone, I can just pop my 48 sim into my new phone, which can be bought unlocked or I could get it unlocked cheaply.

You mean you can just buy a phone that is already unlocked?? I didn't think you could do that!!

• Advertisement

The phones on amazon are unlocked. have you read the previous posts?

You mean you can just buy a phone that is already unlocked?? I didn't think you could do that!!

Yes, many online sites sell unlocked phones that are bought straight from the manufacturer. Amazon being the most popular choice.

However, it is nearly always cheaper to just buy a phone that's locked on the likes of adverts or donedeal (or even O2 themselves with their 20% off all phone upgrades offer) and get it unlocked yourself for a few euro on eBay. PM Me if you want some more info and links.

did you have any problem unlocking your phone with meteor??
    Its already unlocked, it locks to the first SIM that's put in the phone so mine only works on eMobile now. Also, you can also get the unlock code for £2 on eBay.

nice 1.

Il check them out so.

Will come back if i need some help.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

For €30 a month you will get unlimited pre pay with meteor, for €24.60 unlimited bill pay with three think data is 15gb, emobile do unlimited plan for €24 for eircom customers. Blueface are I think 30 and 40 if you want unlimited calls to uk, I got the uk deal for 28.5 a month from blueface. In this day and age it's almost mad not to go unlimited.

It works out far cheaper to buy the phone and go sim only.

I'd just point out that emobile unlimited goes up to 35 euro after 6 months.

Snake wrote: »
    I'd just point out that emobile unlimited goes up to 35 euro after 6 months.

This says it's for life http://www.emobile.ie/eircom-customer-sim-only-plans/

thats for eircom customers only

daytob wrote: »
    thats for eircom customers only

Yes and from my original post "emobile do unlimited plan for €24 for eircom customers."

Buy whatever sim free phone you want, and get a 48 SIM (I am with 48 now for over a year and couldn't be happier)

€10 per month gets me 300 mins to any network, unlimited texts to any network, 60 mins landlines & 1gb of data. They also have fully unlimited plans for €15/€20. Bargain, best value network in Ireland.

Vodafone, O2, 3 & Meteor will rip you off with their plans, especially if you get a plan that includes a phone.

48 sim's can be ordered free on http://www.48months.ie if you want to try them out.

Have 48 sim ordered should arrive in couple days.:)

• Advertisement

Have 48 sim ordered should arrive in couple days.:)

Great to hear, let me know if you have any questions or need any help :)

Advertisement