Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equine Science co-op

Options
  • 26-08-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys, I'm going to be going on co-op next January - September and i still have nothing organised! Has anybody got any ideas of places that you could go along the lines of veterinary hospitals both in ireland and abroad or else maybe lab work at the IEC? I'd appreciate any feedback of people who have already been on co-op too! thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I've just finished my placement. Placements are hard to get and you are far better to get your own than relying on the CoOp office. If looking for a place in IEC, talk to them asap because they only take one person, as far as I know. If you don't get it, research your placement!! There is a long history of abuse of students in equine placements which the CoOp office told me they would sort, but they won't. If you end up somewhere being worked to the bone and almost end up in hospital, don't be surprised if the CoOp won't even get back to you. I know I went in several times, rang them and emailed them and no reply. When my hands refused to open and I was kept awake all night with pain, I emailed Bridget and explained to her instead. Many in my class were stuck in theirs or left with no alternative.

With placements you are interested in, email or ring them yourself to make initial contact before involving the CoOp office. It leaves a good impression and you know then whether or not they are open to take placements.

Advertisement