Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good Samaritan attacked on M50

Options
  • 26-08-2014 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Gardai are investigating a bizarre incident in which a 'good Samaritan' claims he was attacked on the M50.

The motorist told gardai that he was savagely assaulted after he went to assist another driver whose car had broken down on the M50.

The incident unfolded at around 3.50am on Sunday when officers at Santry Garda Station were alerted of reports of two men running on the motorway close to the landmark IKEA store.

When officers arrived at the scene, they discovered the 61-year-old man with severe facial injuries.

He was rushed to 
Beaumont Hospital where it was discovered that he suffered a fractured cheek bone.

According to the account that the man gave gardai, he had been driving on the motorway when he saw a broken-down car.

He approached the 
vehicle to offer assistance but the driver of the car then attacked him for no reason.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/good-samaritan-in-late-night-m50-attack-claims-30537836.html

You just have to think twice times before doing anything these days. I would of stopped and helped a few people on the side off the road myself in the last few years, but be very cautious of doing so now, risk of car been hijacked, attacked & money robbed.

If the was something wrong with the car, he wouldn't off "sped off", methinks was it pre-planned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Quite possible the guy stumbled upon a deal or something not right as the car wasn't broken down.

Most you see pulled in on hard shoulder do be stopped for a pisss or on the phone.

Only would help if seen bonnet up or jack out to change a flat or see someone ran out of juice.

It would never be recommended for a petite woman or someone not that well at looking after themselves to stop and offer assitance as you just never know if it's a ploy to get your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I avoid situations like this by extending my kindness no further than to me myself

Advertisement