Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MapMyWalk or Strava

Options
  • 26-08-2014 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭

Which do you find better and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I use runtastic as I have the watch/HRM combo but the strava app I think is better. I use an app to sync my files from the runtastic to strava so I can keep track on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I use both and Strava is much better, in my opinion. Lots more segments and lots more analysis and just more user friendly. Veloviewer takes it's data from Strava if you want to analyse your spins to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

I use both - recording in MMR and exporting to Strava.

Strava is great for its segments and KOM's. MMR for its split times and a simpler interface for recording /viewing whilst riding (on IOS anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I am new to Strava myself, been using RidewithGPS for ages and find it great.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,766 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Don't do "walking" so its got to be Strava for me .....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Beasty wrote: »
    Don't do "walking" so its got to be Strava for me .....
    Mapmywalk has a setting for alot alot alot of exercises. Data sets seem similar on both to me at first glance, much nicer to look at on mmw I think.

Will give both a whirl and see if one jumps out for any good reason if not I'l stick with mmw just cuz it has nicer layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Strava is leaps and bounds better than mapmyrun/walk/ride no comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Yep strava much better. Started with map my ride and defected. Use strata via a garion edge 200.

Edit - in terms of why I like it, the sheer amount of data, ease of comparison, searching segments and introducing a bit of competiveness / ranking as well, so you can see how you're doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Really like strava and it's features. I originally started by using my iPhone but now upload from a garmin edge 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Strava.

It tempts you with useless little digital badges that make you ride a lot more than you intended.

Pr1ck of an app tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Migrated from map my fitness to strava this summer , find it much better

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paulgs

Can you import data from map my ride to strava, the name mmr puts me off.

Advertisement