Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance for 27 y/o female - Non EU

Options
  • 26-08-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just asking for a friend of mine who is planning to live in Ireland for the foreseeable future and would like to get insured in a car over here.

She is Australian, 27 years old, 7-8 years named driver experience in Australia, never insured on her own individual policy and as with 90 percent of aussies, she only has a license to drive automatic :pac:

Anyway, what would she be looking at for a TPFT premium here in Ireland? Probably start off on a 1.2L but had been driving a 1.4L Corolla in Oz so will want a 1.4L eventually.

I'm also assuming there's no insurance company that WON'T take her on unless there's some policy regarding non-EUs that I'm not aware of!

Thanks for any suggestions/answers in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

She can transfer her license for an Irish license afaik but in terms of insurance will be starting from the bottom of the ladder. No NCB, no insurance experience; first couple of years are going to be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

djimi wrote: »
    She can transfer her license for an Irish license afaik but in terms of insurance will be starting from the bottom of the ladder. No NCB, no insurance experience; first couple of years are going to be expensive.

Guessed that alright...

Any guesses on how expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

How long is a piece of string?
    It's impossible to guess the price but at her age it shouldn't be too bad.
    Only thing you could do to get an idea is call up an insurance company and find out how much it would cost you with a full licence but no driving experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

bear1 wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string?
    It's impossible to guess the price but at her age it shouldn't be too bad.
    Only thing you could do to get an idea is call up an insurance company and find out how much it would cost you with a full licence but no driving experience.

Any recommendations on insurers for female drivers or are they all pretty much the same? Axa seem to be the go to company at the moment but I myself have switched companies every few years and am now with Zurich

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

You could try that itsforwomen.ie one.
    At least I think it's called that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Male or Female doesn't make any difference these days. The other criteria such as age, licence, vehicle etc are only considered

Advertisement