Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Collected car from garage after damage repaired- Problems

Options
  • 26-08-2014 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Title explains a lot really.
    My wife had a small accident a few weeks back into a wall, low speed, car was ok to drive home.
    Decided to get the insurance to cover the damage,and dropped car off to their recommended repairer.

Bumper, front wishbone replaced, wing and door repaired.

My wife collected the car yesterday and was asked was she happy with the job, not knowing a thing about cars she seen the car all shiny and said yes great and took the car home.
    Upon inspection when the car got home i noticed some alarming things.

Intercooler protection tray under bumper missing.
    Broken pieces fromn behind old bumper still in there rattling around.
    Exhaust manifold cover rattling violently on take off.
    Large wiring loom hanging down in front of the intercooler.
    Door panel on drivers door loose and hanging off.
    Interior was valeted and is covered in white smudges all over the dash and door cards, excess polish i assume.
    Window wash jets not working.

Where do we stand with these issues seeing as my wife took the car away without noticing these?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Simple - bring the car back to the garage and ask them to fix the issues. They'll be charging your insurance so there's no need for them to do a "cheap" fix on your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I wouldn't use a insurer recommended repairer again after my experience with one.
    The ONLY reason the repairer is used by the insurance company is that they are able to price jobs down to the insurance companies level.
    You are free to choose any repair company you want to.
    Take the car back to them and don't let them fob you off with any excuses, if they claim that it was OK when you left the premises then just state that you will be contacting the Insurance company to report a defective job and missing parts that only became apparent after closer inspection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭db

Contact your insurance and tell them about the problems. They will be interested in the quality of the repair work and will often send out an assessor after the repair to check the quality. They should arrange to get all the problems sorted and save you having to argue with the repairer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭gorfield

Have spoken to the garage this morning and they asked me to take the car back in this evening.
    Should i inform the insurance company of what's going on or should i just deal with it and try get the problems fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

gorfield wrote: »
    Have spoken to the garage this morning and they asked me to take the car back in this evening.
    Should i inform the insurance company of what's going on or should i just deal with it and try get the problems fixed?

Again, commons sense says contact the insurance to let the know the situation. What have you got to lose.

That way you're somwhat covered if they don't fix it properly this time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement