Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta a España Stage 4 – Aug 25th, Mairena d. Alcor to Córdoba **Unmasked Spoilers*

Options
  • 25-08-2014 11:59pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭

stage4_profile.png

Excellent preview here

Oddschecker: Bouhanni 7/4, Degenkolb 3/1, Matthews 11/2, Gatto 15/1, Sagan 18/1

Stage winner 23 votes

Bouhanni
    0%
    Degenkolb
    26%
    goose06death1234567John McClaneD3POhappytramppelevin 6 votes
    Matthews
    21%
    luapenakqwabercdseany15Figsy32fergie24 5 votes
    Gatto
    0%
    Sagan
    4%
    Pudsy33 1 vote
    Stuyven
    4%
    quinnp 1 vote
    Hofland
    0%
    Boonen
    0%
    Ciolek
    0%
    Debusschere
    0%
    Martens
    0%
    Guardini
    0%
    Benatti
    4%
    xbox gamer 1 vote
    Mondory
    4%
    Darkglasses 1 vote
    Ferrari
    0%
    Reynes
    4%
    pajor 1 vote
    Gilbert
    0%
    Pozzato
    0%
    Nibali
    4%
    MPFG 1 vote
    LL Sanchez
    21%
    BofaDeezNuhtzcunavalosLacticAthleteBeastyThe Gram 5 votes
    Evans
    0%
    Tony Martin
    0%
    Dan Martin
    0%
    Valverde
    4%
    REBELSAFC 1 vote
    Cancellara
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Reynes
    But Nibali isn't in this Tour.. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Mondory
    Bv6uRIpIAAAb0-z.jpg

Betancur's race position for the final 30km yesterday left something to be desired.
    pajor wrote: »

I know, I was trying to see if I could catch anyone out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Degenkolb
    Betancur's race position for the final 30km yesterday left something to be desired.
    At least when he's behind the car they know where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Degenkolb
    Just tuning in & wondering is it looking like the proper sprinters like Bouhanni are expected to contest & win, or more likely Matthews & his ilk?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Mondory
    Sadhbh O'Shea just pointed out that the English name for the final climb is the 14 per cent climb. Not quite as romantic as some.

• Advertisement

Mondory
    Sky and Movistar giving it a real lash, Bouhanni dropped as well as Boonen and Debusschere.

Mondory
    Even Bling Matthews is starting to fall off the back a bit, Sky setting a blistering pace up the final climb. 27km to go

Degenkolb
    I know Valverde doesn't get much love but go on boy! Great to see any GC man being an aggressor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Sagan
    Signed up for the eurosport app but Dublin bus have it blocked on their WiFi :rolleyes: Keep me posted!

Mondory
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Signed up for the eurosport app but Dublin bus have it blocked on their WiFi :rolleyes: Keep me posted!

Valverde has now joined Yates and Anacona in a late breakaway 26 seconds ahead of the peloton, on the way down the final climb. Sicard and Caruso also trying to join this group. Gap appears to be shrinking.

Evans has punctured

• Advertisement

Degenkolb
    That's that bit of excitement over with Valverde & co reeled in.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

LL Sanchez

It doesn't matter, since we didn't even have his name in the TDF poll and he
    went on to win the fukkin' thing from now on Darkglasses has been instructed by
    the Illuminati overlords that secretly run 410 that his name is to be put into
    every poll even if there are two race stages happening simultaneously on
    two different continents m'kay :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91155974

../ \
    ./__\ :D:D

Degenkolb
    Dominant in the sprint by Degenkolb. Dan Martin being very feisty in the run-in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Dekenkolb wins! Dan martin 5th

Sagan
    How did Dan end up 5th? He's obviously in flying form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Nibali
    Im wondering if Dan shoud be going for sprints like todays...I know he is in great form but the Vuelta is 3 weeks long and he needs to save energy for the mountains...he is a viable GC contender

And if he targets his stages he may do better and win those that Degenkolb & Matthews can't get up

Sagan
    Is he playing for the points classification? If he picks up points on the days like today he could seperate himself from the sprinters in the mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is he playing for the points classification? If he picks up points on the days like today he could seperate himself from the sprinters in the mountains.

That's an interesting point, it worked easily for Sagan in the TdF and without a single stage win.

Reynes
    h3tSrMF.jpg

Martin now 4th in green jersey standings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Nibali
    Dan is definitely going for stage wins IMO .....and he will get them too

Just want him to be selective as he could run out of steam in 3rd week

• Advertisement

Mondory
    vlhwdpr.jpg

Martin now 4th in green jersey standings.

Sadhbh O'Shea saying Quintana's still in second place, accidentally omitted.

Reynes
    How did I not notice that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

How did I not notice that? :confused:

Was speaking with a former pro today, Luciano Rabbotini, and he fancies Dan for GC. Would make for an interesting 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

MPFG wrote: »
    Dan is definitely going for stage wins IMO .....and he will get them too

Just want him to be selective as he could run out of steam in 3rd week

Would not be surprised if Dan taking a day by day approach to the Vuelta :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Degenkolb must go through some amount of stems and headsets. He pulls the crap out of his bike in his "sprints" and has to have one of the worst styles of a sprinter that I have ever seen. Some power though.

Advertisement