Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda civic hybrid opinions?

Options
  • 24-08-2014 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭

I was just browsing through carzone today looking at civic saloons and a large majority are those hybrids and automatics, what are peoples thought on hybrid civics, lack of power wouldnt be a problem as herself is used to driving 1.4l petrol cars, it ticks all the tax and insurance boxes and i presume would be cheap on fuel too, my main worry would be how reliable would an automatic car be and would a hybrid be more expensive when taking it for a service etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I was just browsing through carzone today looking at civic saloons and a large majority are those hybrids and automatics, what are peoples thought on hybrid civics, lack of power wouldnt be a problem as herself is used to driving 1.4l petrol cars, it ticks all the tax and insurance boxes and i presume would be cheap on fuel too, my main worry would be how reliable would an automatic car be and would a hybrid be more expensive when taking it for a service etc

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 73,430 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Servicing isn't expensive apart from spark plugs, do which I think it has 8.
    A lot of them are high milers, and the sheet metal on the body is a little on the thin size so they dent/surface rust easy enough.
    To be honest, the Prius does everything better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Thanks for the reply, when you say they rust easily is that just the hybrids or honda in general, as for prius thats a no go i just dont like toyota

• Registered Users Posts: 73,430 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I looked at a few 2 years ago when I changed, and a some had rust on the bootlid, around the windscreen, and where paint chipped off at the edges of the boot and doors.

I got a hatch civic instead which has no rust that I've seen.

Then there's the power thing, they're a bit weedy. The Prius is a GTI in comparison. At least drive one before you rule it out, to be fair its unlike regular toyotas,

Advertisement