Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this be a good gaming pc?

Options
  • 25-08-2014 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi everyone, I want to start gaming on the pc, and i want to build my own pc, i found this list of parts online and was just wondering would this be a good enough pc? my budget is 600 and this adds up to 611, i know its not very high but its really all i can afford, if you have any recommendations as to parts i should change from this list i would be greatful i might be able to spend a bit more but definitely no higher than 700 :)

processor-Intel Core i5 4440

CPU cooler-Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev. 2

RAM-8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 DIMM CL9

MBoard-ASRock B85M Pro4 Intel B85 So.1150 Dual Channel DDR3

HDD-1000GB Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

Graphics card-3072MB Sapphire Radeon R9 280 Dual-X OC Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16

power supply-400 Watt be quiet! System Power 7 Bulk Non-Modular 80+ Bronze

Sorry I couldnt post links, it says i cant because i am a new user. Then for the case i was gonna go with the Sharkoon VS3-S Midi Tower, and a samsung optical drive! Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can't really fault it to be fair. The only thing I would add is an SSD drive, makes a massive difference.

Maybe have a look at a Samsung Evo Basic or the Crucial MX100 - 120GB drive should be about €60 or so.

Like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Davidf1

Thanks for the reply :) would you be able to tell me what an SSD actually does, I was told before to get one but i never knew what it actually does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Solid state drive. No moving parts and much faster than a normal hard drive - and obviously makes no noise, either. Believe me, once you use an SSD, you'll never go back, using a normal hard drive seems such a chore in comparison.

I don't even use regular hard drives anymore, I just have a 256GB SSD and then a 2TB external hard drive.

You can either 1) buy a 128GB SSD and install your OS and a few programs/games on it, or 2) buy a 256GB and install pretty much everything on it, using a regular hard drive to store movies/music/data and so on.

Advertisement