Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgradeable first build based on HD 5750 1Gb?

Options
  • 25-08-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hello Folks,
    After a long break from PC gaming I'm looking to get back in the saddle. I'm a little out of my depth in terms of PC parts (the brother always dealt with that end of things...) so I would love some help with a build.

Just a few points

I have a max budget of E1000 including all peripherals and OS but I would love to stay nearer the E750 mark.

My brother is giving me his old HD 5750 1Gb to start with as I have a long back-log of games to get through so I wont need the latest graphics cards but I would like a system that will take a GPU upgrade over the next year or so.

Any ideas where to start?
    Thanks for any advice you can give.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Does that include a need for Monitor as well and a copy of Windows?

Forget about the 5750, it's worth about €30 and has no place in a new build! Also at this stage would perform terribly in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

Thanks for the reply!
    Yes, I need a monitor and a copy of windows.

I was wondering if the 5750 was worth working with, it's not a necessity but I thought I would put it out there that I do have the option.

Advertisement