Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.ie domain advice.

Options
  • 25-08-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hey there

Looking for some advice and so far my googling has lead me to nothing.

I am looking for a certain .ie domain to host a discussion forum on,

Can i do this as a club or orginisation? Seems I can once i provide a letter on headed paper outlining our reasons for wanting the domain.

now whilst we are not strictly a club, the forum will be for a group of enthusiasts relating to a certain hobby coming together for discussion.(i.e we all know each other already on an offline basis)

any advice pertaining to this matter would be much appreciated
    Thanks
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

Hi Sean,

A couple of questions that will be asked.

Is the company name directly linked with the Domain name? If not...Where is the connection.

If you don't yet have a business registered to that name have you proof that you've invested in the business eg. Logo created, Headed paper or project associated with that name.

If you can give a reasonable answer to the above questions you could be able to register it. I've done it many times in the past and have found that a reasonable answer will typically get you the domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Unincorporated Association / Unincorporated Association Name

Though if it's for a club why not get a .club domain name? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

Thanks for the speedy reply, Blacknight, just ordered the domain through yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

By the way BN, just wondering how long this process takes and when I will be asked for the supporting paperwork?
    Also womdering how specific the letter has to be, and can it be worded in every day english or is there a certain type of wording that will have to be used?

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

bitburger wrote: »
    By the way BN, just wondering how long this process takes and when I will be asked for the supporting paperwork?
    Also womdering how specific the letter has to be, and can it be worded in every day english or is there a certain type of wording that will have to be used?

Sean

You'd have got an automated email from us after you placed your order.
    If you have questions please ping our sales team: sales@blacknight.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement