Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 530D 2004

Options
  • 25-08-2014 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi there

It might be a silly questions but need some serious advice.

People would die to own this car in some countries and they cannot afford as its too expensive in those places.

I am given a trade in price of €4500

Is there anyway i could export my car and sell in the countries where its very expensive.

Its a new shape and drives like a dream.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

With those sort of pictures you'll struggle to sell it in Ireland let alone anywhere else in Europe.
    You could export it to other countries but then you need to be fairly up to date on how to go about this.
    A RHD car won't have such a huge appeal to people just like a LHD isn't that appealing here.
    Then the next question is how much are you expecting the BMW to get you abroad?
    The cheapest 5'er on mobile.de is 5.5k.
    Stick it up on DD and the likes for 5k and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

4.5k is pretty good as a trade in for an '04 even an e60.
    What's the cost to change, I suspect the trade in value is too good to be true. Garages are retailing the early e60 530d's at not much more than 4.5k

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I'd take hand and all at that price man. Not really worth much more. Unless she's mint with little mileage etc she may be worth more.

OP, you aren't mentioning anything about whether the car has an NCT/tax, what features it has etc.
    As the other 2 have said - take the 4.5k unless you have something that would make yours more appealing.
    The interior seems clean but you need to give more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭JC01

To be fair that's a very very decent offer on a non-msport 530. 90% of the people who will look past the tax (myself included) and go buy one of these will only be interested in very high spec M-Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

4500 is a good price for a trade in on that car especially considering its an SE not an M-Sport . seriously what were you expecting ?:confused:

EDIT: a quick check on donedeal and there are 15 x 530Ds for sale for under 4500 all newer than 2004. and you will always get offered less than face value for a trade in , so its a very very good price youve been given

and in a country where someone would "DIE" to own that car they likely wouldnt have 4500 never mind more than that . and export costs would cost a fortune anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A trade-in value of 4500 might look attractive but reality is they are probably adding some of that back onto the price of the car they are selling.

bazz26 wrote: »
    A trade-in value of 4500 might look attractive but reality is they are probably adding some of that back onto the price of the car they are selling.
    +1
    I asked the OP what the cost to change was in my first post above and they didn't answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,130 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Truth wins wrote: »

nearly 9 months ago you posted:
    Truth wins wrote:
    Mine is 530D 2004 Dec with new shape.Top model and still drives like new. Wont get more than 5K if private sale or 3500 trade in value.

So you already know that the trade in price of €4.5k is very generous. Like bazz suggested, you'll be overpaying on the car you're buying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭coolbeans

New candidate for dreamer of the year? It's an eleven year old diesel BMW man and it's not the new shape as you said. It's been off the market for years. Get real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I have this exact car and would rip the mans hand from his body for that!
    If you realised this previous then why even make this thread?

coolbeans wrote: »
    New candidate for dreamer of the year? It's an eleven year old diesel BMW man. Get real.

It's not so much that it is an 11 year old diesel BMW, it's the fact that it attracts 3l motor tax (€1,500) which kills its second hand value. A 10 year old diesel BMW 520d would be worth thousands more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

I sold my 04 530d for a bit less last may privately. Stick it up on donedeal for 4500 and see what happens. I had a good few calls and 3 viewings. 1st guy wanted to take it but needed to sell his e39 1st, 2nd wanted an auto and mine was manual, 3rd guy bought it. Was on donedeal for 6 days in total. Good pics and having it good and clean will shift it no problem.

unkel wrote: »
    It's not so much that it is an 11 year old diesel BMW, it's the fact that it attracts 3l motor tax (€1,500) which kills its second hand value. A 10 year old diesel BMW 520d would be worth thousands more...

There was no 520d 10 years ago though.
    In '04 e60 models, I think the smallest capacity diesel was 2.5, not sure if even that one was released by 2004.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Truth wins wrote: »
    Hi there

It might be a silly questions but need some serious advice.

People would die to own this car in some countries and they cannot afford as its too expensive in those places.

Is there anyway i could export my car and sell in the countries where its very expensive.

Its a new shape and drives like a dream.

Thanks

4.5k trade in on an 04 SE 530d I would take their hands off. I know of MSport versions that can be got for that with better spec.

There's an 04 MSport going for 5k at the moment, only 100k, xenons, heated comfort seats, Bluetooth etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

coolbeans wrote: »
    New candidate for dreamer of the year? It's an eleven year old diesel BMW man and it's not the new shape as you said. It's been off the market for years. Get real.

When he says new shape he meant E60 as the model shape changed at the end of 2003 he prob said new shape to indicate it was an E60 not an E39 as there would have been a few of them still floating around forecourts at that stage .

I'd say the OP won't be returning to this thread :D

There was no 520d 10 years ago though.

I knew I was close. Should have used 9 years and not 10 years in my comparison :)

Advertisement