Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reconditioned turbo 2005 golf tdi

Options
  • 25-08-2014 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi guys,i am looking to get my turbo Reconditioned on 2005 golf tdi,does anyone know,where is the best place to get it reconditioned?Also is it possible to trade in my turbo and pay cash and get a turbo which is reconditioned of the shelf?What would it cost,Any help would be great guys and thanks.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.turbos.ie
    All our parts are ISO accredited, enabling us to provide you with 1 year warranty on our reconditioned, exchanged and new turbos.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

What symptoms would lead someone to believe they need a turbo refurb?

Just asking out of interest btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Lack of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Lack of power.

Lack of power all the time or just some of the time?

Lack of power all the time or just some of the time?

All the time

• Advertisement

How did you diagnose the turbo as being the cause?

How did you diagnose the turbo as being the cause?

I had the car in with a mechanic geting the timing belt done,he took a drive in the car said the turbo is screwed,also the car wont go over 2500 revs in any gear.

I would get a second opinion if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

As George said.

I don't know how much he investigated, but from a quick drive you couldn't tell the turbo was gone. It sounds like it's in limp, could be 100 possible items.

Advertisement