Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siblu Loire valley domaine de dugny

Options
  • 25-08-2014 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all, thinking of switching things around next year and leaving the Vendee behind us in search of some more new french experiences. looking at the loire valley and siblu prices seem really good in comparison to eurocamp. anybody been to that area - would you recommend it for adults plus an 8 year old ? have seen mixed reviews here about the condition of sibu mobiles - has anybody been to this site just wondering what you thought of it, any tips etc. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

Hi, We just returned from staying in Siblu Domaine de Litteau in Normandy - booked directly via Siblu. Park is rather basic compared to other Siblu parks, but it was clean and well managed. and the mobile was reasonably clean. It was our first time trying Siblu but we were happy with them. They had a great kids club, good pool, nice bar and restaurant but they were expensive... €7 for a burger!!!

In previous years we've tried Eurocamp, Keycamp and Yelloh Villages, and we thought Siblu was better than them - they have very informative welcome packs and excellent customer service. We're currently booking next years holiday and plan on staying in Domaine de Dugny for half the holiday. They have given us a decent loyalty discount towards our 2015 holiday. You could save up Tesco Clubpoints to get money off vouchers. TripAdvisor gives Domaine de Dugny a good rating so we're gonna give them go.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭GeneralSherman

I would recommend the Loire Valley in fact it is my favourite region in France of those I have visited (Northern & Southern Brittany, the Vendee, And Champagne). The countryside is spectacular, the roads aren't too busy and the weather was hot when we were there (36c, end of June, start of July). if you are into heritage sites and fabulous chateaus then Loire is the place for you. My kids - 4 under 12s were kept very amused.The chateau that Leonardo de Vinci died at was a particular hit as there are full scale models of some of his inventions that the kids could play with.(Chateau de clois Luce) Also the magic museum Le Maison de la Magie is wonderful also. If you are into canoeing then the Loire river is perfect for it. it meanders slowly through the valley making it just perfect for the day tripper. The Tourism authorities for the region have also invested heavily in the promotion of the area as for cycling... Similar to the vendee.... velo routes. I actually can't wait to go back in 2 years when our youngest will be 9 and old enough to cycle and canoe safely this time.
    I have stayed with Siblu in Brittany and I think that the mobiles we stayed in were in better condition and cleaner than other companies. The entertainment was also the best of all we have been at. I would suggest that you check out other campsites in Loire that are not listed with the usual Irish camping companies. There are so many campsites in France you may find a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Just looking at doing the same thing with our 4&2 yr olds. We're not pushed on beach's. Is there that much of a saving booking direct ie hundreds.?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭GeneralSherman

Not necessarily but then again maybe... not really a definitive answer I know. You need to play around with the dates.

You should be able to get a very good deal on the campsite as you just need a 2-bed mobile and are not tied to school holidays. Campsite prices rise from the first day in July and are at their highest in August. If you can go the last 2 weeks in June then that is much cheaper. The weather is usually very pleasant then.
    Getting to France can actually be the most expensive part of the trip... If you are interested in going to Loire I suggest you fly to Tours with Ryanair and then hire a car. It's a short enough flight, the airport is very small and easy to access, pick up the car etc. Also flights are not at some godforsaken middle of the night time. You should get away with just a carry on bag for each of you and one other checked in bag if you want to bring extra toddler equipment. Tours is very central for the most famous Loire sights and chateaus as they are mostly located along the Loire river itself. Try and get a campsite close to the river (<45mins) and you will be close to the sights.
    The "ExperienceLoire" website provides a good interactive map which will give you a good overview of the region. (sorry but boards won't allow me to post a weblink as I am still a newbie)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

thks generalsherman, will defo be driving, 2 reasons I enjoy it, and its nice to bring ur own things plus i have it down to a tee now of what and where to pack the stuff. doing a lot of searching and turns out not a lot of places in the region that can give the 'eurocamp' experience ie kids clubs. might have to travel towards the coast more to have more of a choice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement