Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sneem Sportive 30th August 2014

Options
  • 25-08-2014 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Has anyone entered for the Sneem Sportive next saturday?

there was supposed to be 3 routes - 143k 100k and 30 or 40k. I believe the 143k has been cancelled - possibly due to lack of interest...

the 100k is a decent trip with a few tough climbs...over 1700m climbing all in...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Power10 wrote: »
    Has anyone entered for the Sneem Sportive next saturday?

there was supposed to be 3 routes - 143k 100k and 30 or 40k. I believe the 143k has been cancelled - possibly due to lack of interest...

the 100k is a decent trip with a few tough climbs...over 1700m climbing all in...

I saw the notices for this on the RoK and was very interested but work got in the way, hell of a course, the 2 "ballaghs"would test the best of riders,the event jersey looks fairly decent as well.It's on next years to-do list.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Power10

Reluctantly (due to the €55 entry) I have signed up...

Sneem Sportive - 30 August 2014

We are writing to advise you of some changes to the Sneem Sportive which you have entered.

The entry fee into the 100km event has now been reduced to €45.00 so we will be providing you with an immediate refund of the difference. This amount will be refunded to the Credit Card / Debit Card which was used to make your entry in the next 24 hours.

In addition to the above and due to factors outside our control we have no option but to cancel the 143km event and the 32km event. As a result there will only be one event which will take place on the day – The Sneem Sportive 100km.

The 100km Sneem Sportive Route

The 100km Sneem Sportive will take in some of the most spectacular mountain passes and scenery in Co Kerry. Starting at the fantastic setting of the Sneem Hotel the event will take the following route – Sneem Hotel – Blackwater Bridge – Ballaghbeama Gap – Ballaghisheen – Lissatinnig Bridge – Waterville – Caherdaniel – Castle Cove – Sneem Hotel.

Full details including the route and elevation can be viewed here – Sneem Sportive 100km Route.

Feed & Aid Stations

There will be water / feed stations located at the following points – 40km & 70km (note: due to the nature of some narrow road sections in this event the feed stations may be located a couple of km either side of these points). We will be stocking water, bananas, fruit cake, nuts and pretzels at these locations.

Event Registration Location

Sneem Hotel, Golden’s Cove, Sneem, Co Kerry.

Event Registration Times:

Friday 29 August 2014 – 7.00pm – 9.00pm

Saturday 30 August 2014 – 7.30am – 9.30am

At registration you only have to give your surname and upon signing in you will receive your timing chip and final event instructions. If you are entitled to an event jersey you will also receive this upon registration.

Event Start Time

The event will be a mass start event and all participants will roll out from the Sneem Hotel at 10.00am.

We look forward to seeing you in Sneem next weekend for the Sneem Sportive 100km event.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us on this email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Is this a for profit event? or is there a charity involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Yarisbob

We stayed at the Sneem Hotel a few years back - The owner was a really nice bloke & a very keen cyclist

Is it him thats putting it all together I wonder ..? If it is it will be a great event !

• Advertisement

no charity as far as I can see...
    they have reduced the price to 45...includes a jersey, a buff and a few goodies.

seems to be run/organised by a UK but this could well be just for administration

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Power10 wrote: »
    no charity as far as I can see...
    they have reduced the price to 45...includes a jersey, a buff and a few goodies.

seems to be run/organised by a UK but this could well be just for administration

Ya in for it too. Fair play to them returning money..its rare enough. Haven't cycled in a while so should be interesting to say the least....

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

Ya in for it too. Fair play to them returning money..its rare enough. Haven't cycled in a while so should be interesting to say the least....

Sportif prices have risen significantly over past few years and I personally cut back this year, as when you add in petrol and grub it becomes an expensive day out. Suspect I am not alone and would wonder if price drop is to get more interest.

I will continue to support certain events (to a point) at current costs where charitable causes involved.

Route looks interesting but unfortunately not for me at that price. Suspect this is a purely commercial venture to stimulate other business, interesting development and curious to see how it works out. Shades of SkyRide!

Advertisement