Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a used car

Options
  • 25-08-2014 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Can anyone tell me if the dealer would be responsible for reimbursing me after i bought a used car, it turned out that the wheels had some serious buckles and a repair did not really help the tires were also deemed to need replacing end result was me buying a used set of alloys for the car from the place which does the alloy repairs i was able to trade my old set in but i still had to spend 500 quid
    Just wondering if i should go back to the dealer as he sold the car which was not fit for purpose with the old wheels you could not go above 110kms

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

As the wheels are now gone I'd say no, you should have gone back to them as soon as you noticed a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ashleybyrne

I did, was kind of getting run around and i needed a car which did not feel it was going to fall apart thats why i end up getting the new wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you got the run around before you got them repaired yourself then I'd say you have little or no chance of getting any satisfaction trying to get money off them now.

Yeah i was thinking the same, ill chance me arm with your man see what he says

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Yeah i was thinking the same, ill chance me arm with your man see what he says

You got the run around initially, got them repaired, and want to go back? Why do you think you'll get a different response? :confused:

As soon as you noticed the problem, photos, go back and demand some recourse. If you go and get them repaired off your own back, then don't go back retrospectively especially if you are no longer in possession of the actual wheels. Without being funny, you have no evidence :confused:

• Advertisement

ironclaw wrote: »
    You got the run around initially, got them repaired, and want to go back? Why do you think you'll get a different response? :confused:

As soon as you noticed the problem, photos, go back and demand some recourse. If you go and get them repaired off your own back, then don't go back retrospectively especially if you are no longer in possession of the actual wheels. Without being funny, you have no evidence :confused:

Actually the dealer was aware and he had paid to get one wheel repaired but that did not fix the issue. He could easily go back to the place where i went as its the same place who done the repair on the buckled alloy. I was in constant communication with the dealer throughout the whole process

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Amazing getting a trade in allowance on wheels that weren't repairable.

On the face of it this looks like it will have to be chalked down to experience. No harm trying it with the dealer but I think your time might be more valuable than chasing the guy for a response.

Amazing getting a trade in allowance on wheels that weren't repairable.

On the face of it this looks like it will have to be chalked down to experience. No harm trying it with the dealer but I think your time might be more valuable than chasing the guy for a response.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing that i may just need to take the hit myself, ill chance me arm i guess ive nothing to loose

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Give it a go but chance is slim to none.

I've sent him a SMS with the latest update, i will see if he comes back if he gave me half of the money i would be happy to accept that. Ill let you know how i get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I wouldn't hold my breath. Matters like this can have more fruitful results face to face. Texts and emails will just be ignored or deleted.

Advertisement