Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help building a pc

Options
  • 24-08-2014 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi, everyone i am looking to start gaming on the pc, and i want to build my own, but I really need some help with the parts, I am looking to spend €500-600 and could maybe go up to around 700 if absolutely necessary, I don't know if i can actually get anything good for that but Its really all i can afford, I don't need any peripherals but if possible i do need the operating system included in that price! also can some one tell me if amd or intel are better or if they are pretty much the same? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

I'll do one up later (Monday), but to answer the Intel vs AMD, AMD are better for price/performance, but Intel are better at raw performance/temperatures/power efficiency/longevity. For €700 you can easily get something that will have no problems maxing out games and get constant 60+ fps. Obviously the more you spend, the better the system you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

I used Geizhals.de to get some lower prices on HWVS.

CHz0Zic.png

You can buy a Windows key via a seller on http://www.reddit.com/r/softwareswap/ for very cheap, then just burn an ISO to USB and then use your key. Costs around €12, have used it myself and would recommend it. Once they send the code, they'll also send you instructions on how to download the version of windows, and how to burn it. It sounds quite dodgy, but it's all completely legal and no dodgy business going on. I personally bought off mrbobmicjoe and had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Davidf1

is Geizhals.de a site i can buy from or is it just like a price comparison site, can i buy from hwvs? thanks for the help can i just use any optical disk drive with that?

Advertisement