Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post coital bleeding?

Options
  • 24-08-2014 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all and thanks in advance. Slightly embarrassing question but... I had an "eventful" night a few nights ago, and while I didn't bleed at the time, my period had started by morning. Much heavier than usual and darker (I know, I'm sorry!). I am due my period so its not necessarily unexpected but this seems to happen nearly every time I have intercourse, that it seems to bring it on a few days early if I'm nearly due.

I've tried looking this up but can't seem to find any answers. I don't want to go to the doctor because I'm not concerned about it, I'm just curious really. Is it just coincidence that this keeps happening or is there actually some science behind it?

Also I might add that I am always safe and have had the same partner for years so it is not any sort of STI. I'm also definitely not pregnant and have recently been given the all clear in my recent cervical smear.

The only thing that concerns me is that it is not a usual period when this happens. Its much heavier and the cramps are much worse than usual.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Sorry, you'll have to discuss this with your doctor, we don't permit medical advice on the forums

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement