Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to prepare for driver theory test?...

Options
  • 24-08-2014 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I'm 17 doing the driver theory test on wednesday and I haven't full read through the booklet (only done bits and pieces) I've been doing the online mock tests and I've been constantly getting about 35 (sometimes more sometimes less but only by a point or two) it says the mocks aren't the best way to study but teachers tell you that doing past exam papers is the best way..
    How should I study for the driver theory test because those booklets aren't that good (mixed bag of useless stuff and hidden answers)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I only ever did the tests via the disk that came with the book. I don't think I ever opened the book tbh.
    Are you paying attention to the questions you are getting wrong? Or just getting back into redoing the test again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Step one - get the disc
    Step two - do the test on said disc until you know it inside out
    Step three - apply for test
    Step four - ????
    Step five - :D Or :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Seanf999 wrote: »
    I'm 17 doing the driver theory test on wednesday and I haven't full read through the booklet (only done bits and pieces) I've been doing the online mock tests and I've been constantly getting about 35 (sometimes more sometimes less but only by a point or two) it says the mocks aren't the best way to study but teachers tell you that doing past exam papers is the best way..
    How should I study for the driver theory test because those booklets aren't that good (mixed bag of useless stuff and hidden answers)

Mock papers? You aren't studying for the Leaving Cert, ya know? :P

The theory test is a totally different ball game. Go to your local library & get out theory test DC rom disc. It is interactive, so you can test yourself as you go. You can't really do that with the book.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

The best preparation is the rules of the road book and the cd-rom

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Mock papers? You aren't studying for the Leaving Cert, ya know? :P

For of habit sorry :P, truth is I'm going into 5th year this week so its been running through my head.
    Thanks everyone for the help doe, I had removed my CD when I got it but I found it so alls good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

I did it it may. Best way is definitely with the cd rom. Its exactly the same questions and format as you get on the actual test. The ones on line are the uk rules of the road generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Does the CD come as standard with the Rule of the Road book?

Or is it extra? If so, approx. how much does it cost and is it worth is?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

Little A wrote: »

You can get a bundle with the two of them in it. i think it was about 40 quid. But certainly well worth it. Even just for the lay out of the test on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Little A wrote: »

No, the CD does not come standard with the book. As the above poster said, you can buy them together in a bundle, but it will cost more than if you buy them individually. Getting the disc is well worth it imo. It is interactive, so you can test yourself as you go and get your scores back at the end of each mock test.

If you don't want to spend the money on the disc or the book, go to your local library.They normally have copies of the book & the disc to lend out. There may be a waiting list for it, so that may not be all that much use if you are taking the test in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭I can't tell you why

Free online theory tests here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

Thank you, Is this what the actual test is like? i have to go in tomorrow and I still don't feel 100% sure of myself

Advertisement