Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vet nursing placement

• 24-08-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

hey does anyone know what the craic is with the placement for the vet nursing course?? I heard it takes place from mid may to end of july but I plan on going on holidays next june ? :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Yes you go out at the end of of your summer exams and you have a skills sheet to get signed off and case studies to write and submit at the end of your placement. You could take a holiday and finish a bit later but you'll still have to submit your case studies the same time as everyone else so it could be a real hassle to get everything done in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 karina19

okay so I don't have to do 8/10 consequetive weeks ?? I can take say 2 weeks off ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

I wouldn't be able to say what will be allowed next year because they make changes all the time so you'll really have to wait until you start and you can ask your course coordinator. Keep in mind the that you will have 14 case studies to write and a list of skills to get signed off by your placement supervisor. Also even if the college say it's ok to take a holiday, you have to be sure the clinic you do your placement in is ok with it too. Most people get their placement done in consecutive weeks because it's less hassle all round really.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 karina19

oh rite ok well that's great thank yu :)

Advertisement