Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lowest ever recorded August night temperature in Northern Ireland

Options
  • 24-08-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭
    Unregistered Users

Last night's min temp of -1.9C at Katesbridge is a new August record for Northern Ireland. [...]

319527.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

A chilly night for August!
    The previous Northern Ireland record for August was -1.1C at Loughermore Forest in 1964.

According to Met Eireann, the lowest value recorded in the ROI was -2.7C at Rathdrum, Wicklow on August 30th, 1964

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Chilly tonight down south as well. I have the heating on, first time in august ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

I thought it was just me! It is actually that cold in August. F*ck it is going to be another winter 2010. I remember being in college in Cork that winter and it being -2 at four in the afternoon:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

ah global warming... lol'ing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Joe Doe wrote: »
    ah global warming... lol'ing

august heatwave lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

PLL wrote: »
    F*ck it is going to be another winter 2010. I remember being in college in Cork that winter and it being -2 at four in the afternoon:-(

Try -8c or lower daytime temps every day for two weeks where I was in the west of Ireland!

I went to a funeral during that period, that was a cold, cold time we spent in the graveyard at the burial. Burrr! Absolutely gorgeous winter's day though, it has to be said: crisp and sunny with snow on the ground and not a cloud in the sky. But it was -8c.

Advertisement