Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy new discs?

Options
  • 24-08-2014 11:07am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a warped front left disk so need a new set of discs and pads for the front. Car is a 2001 Audi TT Quattro 25bhp. I have a mechanic mate who will fit them so want to see where I can buy them and get a good price. Not looking for drilled/grooved etc just a decent normal set - at a good price. Any recommendations of where I should buy from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

Zascar wrote: »
    25bhp.?

Open the door and put your foot out.

As most places are closed Sunday you could search ebay or micksgarage for comparison price. But your local motorfactor will probably have best price as there is no postage involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

I have a warped front left disk so need a new set of discs and pads for the front. Car is a 2001 Audi TT Quattro 25bhp. I have a mechanic mate who will fit them so want to see where I can buy them and get a good price. Not looking for drilled/grooved etc just a decent normal set - at a good price. Any recommendations of where I should buy from?

http://www.gsfcarparts.ie/parts/service-parts/brake-discs-pads/brake-disc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

eurocarparts? Ive had no problems with pagid disks.
    They've a few discounts at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Local motor factors. You wont get internet stuff delivered by tomorrow. Consort in Artane might have a set handy if you're local.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

I found www.mister-auto.ie good. Micks garage seems to pull prices from the clouds on some stock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Any motor factor will get you a set at short notice but you may find it difficult to get decent stuff.

GSF or Otto would be your best bet if you want a decent brand and you want them quickly.

Mister Auto is fine if you can wait a couple of weeks for the stuff to arrive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

kay 9 wrote: »
    I found www.mister-auto.ie good. Micks garage seems to pull prices from the clouds on some stock

I have yet to buy anything off them and I check them for every part I buy, they are nuts.
    My local motorfactors has always been cheaper on every occasion than Mick's, it should be called takingthemick.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

here ya go.....
    http://www.micksgarage.com/fremax/
    dont forget to type in the discount code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I find brembo from the UK via eBay to be very good prices for high carbon disks and there basic pads.

And there basic pads are brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Eurocarparts in Belfast are hard to beat. Give them a call.

Advertisement