Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange contact behavior

Options
  • 24-08-2014 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,792 ✭✭✭✭

Somebody sent me a contact over "What's App" to add to a group we have on it. I clicked the contact that was sent and it brought up a screen with only his name and then "add to contacts". I added to contacts and then wanted to rename the contact so I searched as usual and found it. It seemed like there was 2 entries for the one profile when you clicked in to "Edit" the contact and I saw there was a "separate" option in the menu so I did this, I'm not sure of my exact steps after that, but I think I went to Gmail and searched "find and merge contacts" and his name came up, so I searched his name again and there was 2 entries. I deleted one but then realised the other didn't have his number. I'm pretty sure his number was there when I first added him.

I deleted both entries and started again, adding him from what's app and now it's not showing up properly at all. It's adding him to the "people" app, but not my chosen dialler/phone app contact list and when I click into him on "people" there's no number at all :confused:

Have restarted the phone and tried again and still the same problem.

Any ideas or input would be appreciated :)

Advertisement