Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset for €50 - Recommendations

Options
  • 23-08-2014 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

So, after getting a bit of cash together, I'm looking to purchase a headset for gaming. I'm sort of on a budget of €50 (Excluding postage), but I may be able to go over by €10-€15 if necessary.

Some people have recommended the Plantronics 780 on a previous thread, but it was more about purchasing a PC. So if I could get more input into this, I'd be greatful.

Will also like to hear inputs into different headsets around that price. :)

Edit - I forgot to add that I have no speakers for my PC, so I would need sound from games coming through the headset itself, while being able to hear/speak to other people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

my steelseries siberia v2 has served me well for over 2 years now so i would recommend that. honestly i think that you cant ask too much from gaming headset (the cool looking ones) + a built in mic, so as long as it lasts for 1/2 years then it is worthy for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TYTKALIMATYT

seraphimvc wrote: »
    my steelseries siberia v2 has served me well for over 2 years now so i would recommend that. honestly i think that you cant ask too much from gaming headset (the cool looking ones) + a built in mic, so as long as it lasts for 1/2 years then it is worthy for the money.

Aye, seems like a nice pair for the price. What's your opinion on them (Pros / Cons)? Also, I noticed they have some sort of retractable headband that's meant to fit different sized heads, any issues with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Yeah, the Plantronics 780 is what i'd recommend at that price. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-013-PT&groupid=702&catid=1058
    I gave mine to my son and he's beat the crap out of them for over a year now and they're still going strong.

Advertisement