Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Q7 continuos problem - anyone had similar?

Options
  • 23-08-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭

Have a 2008 Q7 that developed an issue last year where at times a fan behind the passenger side wing wont turn off and just keeps running which has led to this fan draining the battery. We got a warranty when we bought the car from an Audi dealer and so far its been back 3 times with this issue, the most recent being this week. Picked the car up yesterdat and all was fine till this morning when after a short to shop the fan was still going but stoped after a few hours when i went for a drive. However earlier this evening i went to the car pressed the button to open the doors and fan kicked into life. Two hours later its still going. Has any one here ever come across this with a Q7 or any other Audi model? At this stage the dealer is really taking the mickey and im thinking the car is actually to complicated for their service guys to fix. I have a video of the noise and location in car which i,ll post sunday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

If it's a fan, it must be controlled by a thermostat. It's likely that it's the thermostat that has failed. I'm surprised an Audi garage hasn't been able to sort this. Hold on, maybe I'm not that surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Sounds like an ecu issue to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Neilw

Happened to a vw touareg a friend of mine had, he sold it before it was fixed.

What fault codes is it showing? It's a common issue with lots of info on the web about it and the possible causes. Should be easy for somebody competent to fix so maybe bring it elsewhere than audi themselves ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

May be possible to disconnect the feed to that fan (after reading the fault codes) and that will temporarily disable the fan. This would of course depend on what that fan actually does..

Advertisement