Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revision Books

Options
  • 23-08-2014 9:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19

Which revision books are best to get for each subject.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Probably not the answer you're looking for but there really is no substitute for your own notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

Bought loads of revision books and never used them! Make your own notes, I did and got 595 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

I agree with the others.. It's easier to learn your own notes imho

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭accountname

While your own notes is definitely the way to go for most subjects, I found a few quite handy.

Sue Honans Exam Skills is a pure must for Geography, unless you get A1 standard essays from your teacher
    Less Stress More Success for Maths

That was all I had myself but I heard Key Notes for English is meant to be the best, similiarly Gleasnotai for Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Yeah I also spent a lot of money on revision books and didn't even open most of them. Your own notes are really the best thing and so much easier to learn from as they are in your own handwriting.

The only ones that I'd recommend are the Less Stress More Success Maths Paper 1 & 2 books. They're actually brilliant for revising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

Own notes is working for me so far

Advertisement