Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Levelling out an uneven front lawn

Options
  • 23-08-2014 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Halfway through levelling a front garden. Previously a second 6 inch thick concrete apron for a car with lots of gravel etc underneath. After removing driveway put in lots of top soil and re seeded it in Mar Apr but after letting it settle the driveway area, about 16 m Sq subsided a lot ( which I expected) knowing Id have to level off. Im now taking up grass layers and putting extra top soil underneath and re-laying the sods. Someone said that simply spreading top soil on the grass and letting it grow through was better but a lot of people said better to do what doing. Probably too late now as getting it even should have been done when growing the grass earlier in the year. Of course I didnt use a 'roller' To compact it.Probably caused myself unnecessary grief. The back garden worked out better where I had to uplift a patio etc and re grass!Did I screw-up in the front garden? ( expecting the answer to be a resounding yes!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

The past is the past. Now is the ideal time to sow a lawn. The soil is warm after summer and there's enough warmth, light and rain in the next few weeks to get good germination and growth before winter. Level it out and sow again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

redser7 wrote: »
    The past is the past. Now is the ideal time to sow a lawn. The soil is warm after summer and there's enough warmth, light and rain in the next few weeks to get good germination and growth before winter. Level it out and sow again.

Thanks. I'lll give it a shot again. Wiser this time I hope! Cheers

Advertisement