Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollers street antenatal class.

Options
  • 23-08-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

I have signed up to do these classes in holles street but am now beginning to wonder if they will be worth it. How long do they go on for? I have a hospital appointment at 2 and class at 11 so if they only go on for 1 hour I might skip it as don't really want to be waiting around in town...

Are they generally better than the private classes? We will definitely be attending a twin class in the hospital so maybe they aren't necessary at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I didn't find the classes very helpful and I really didn't like the midwife who did mine, she was really snotty to someone who asked about birth plans and I felt that didn't bode well. I was also facing into a high probability of having a c section and I was dismissed as being too negative when I asked about what happens during elective sections, she told me not to get ahead of myself and didn't answer any of my questions. I got better information from forums and my consultant.
    I did them on Thursday evenings for an hour. I wouldn't bother with them if you're doing a private class as there's nothing really extra in them, apart from the delivery room visit, but if the ward is busy you won't even get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I did the domino one that was over two nights and it was very good :)

The normal holles street ones overs something crazy like 5 sessions?? I have no idea why they would need all that time. If I hadn't done domino we were just going to do the ones condensed in a day.

Advertisement