Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LCD Panel/LCD Display - Opel Astra

Options
  • 23-08-2014 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

This may be a high long is a piece of string question but somebody might know.

Basically, when I turn on the lights (dims or full), the LCD panel above the radio turns off/dims so low you can't read it and where the mileage reading etc...is, also turns off. Basically anything that's an LCD panel, on the dash.

This worked upto about a month ago.

It's an 03 Astra, if that's is need.

My question is, does anybody here have any idea what it might be? and how much am I looking at, to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

There is a switch to the right and a little lower of the steering wheel for adjusting the brightness of the dash lights turn it up full.
    If Im right it wont cost anything .

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

O.A.P wrote: »
    There is a switch to the right and a little lower of the steering wheel for adjusting the brightness of the dash lights turn it up full.
    If Im right it wont cost anything .

If you're right, you're a hero...and I'm a feckin' eejit :)

Will check it later and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Worked a treat. Thanks very much.

Advertisement